Jacob Kaye "World-Class" Drummer and Teacher with over 35 years of worldwide professional experience encompassing - Stage, Screen and Television Appearances - The accolades began at the age of 11 playing in Jr. & Sr. High School bands. After school hours bands playing Coffee Houses, Colleges, and Talent Shows. His professional career continued at 16 with performances including DuPont family wedding, with Hal Schiff (leader, American Youth Jazz Band), Boysie Lowery's group (Clifford Brown's first music teacher). Jacob was also part of the original DuPont Clifford Brown Jazz Festival (with sidemen from Woody Herman, Hubert Laws, “Philly” Jo Jones, Gary Burton, Buddy Rich bands). A 1993 Disney Movie "Spies", starring Cloris Leachman (below photo), performances with Lee Greenwood Grammy Winner, country artist "God Bless the U.S.A.", Club Work, with Johnny Neel (Grammy nominated keyboard player, formerly with the Allman Brothers Band. Vocals on Walt Disney Records CD releases "Finding Nemo", "Cars", and "Ratatouille").
1993 Disney Movie "Spies", starring Cloris Leachman. Jacob and band, musician extras, in costume.
Professional Synopses: Music Festivals, Concerts, Clubs, Wedding receptions, Private Events, Music Clinics. Shortly after receiving a "performance-based" grant for studies at the, now, University of the Arts, in Phila. he was contracted as a musician with the U.S. Marine Corps Music Program. For next several years the musical experiences included:
- Three continents (Europe, Asia, North America)
- Six countries (Japan, Netherlands, Bermuda, Iceland, Canada, United States)
- Numerous U.S. Cities, East & West Coasts
- Delaware Symphony Orchestra (percussionist)
- Piamenta ( N.Y. based group)
- Zemer (Toronto based group)
- Wilmington School of Music (former faculty member)
Performing diverse music styles, including:
- Small Group Jazz (leader)
- Big Band (soloist)
- Rock - Top 40 - "Covers"
- Broadway Show-Tunes
- Contemporary, Funk, Country and Pop music styles
- Orchestral - Concert Band (Principle Percussionist)
- Jazz & Latin & Afro/ Cuban Styles
- Marching Percussion - Drum Corps Style (Section Leader)
Performances with U.S. Marine Corps Music Program (1980 - 1993) Musician: Music Arranger, Featured Drum Set Soloist, Big Band, Small Group Jazz, Top 40 "Show Band", Section Leader for Drum-Corps Style, & Principal Percussionist for Concert Band
- Musician movie-extra Disney Movie Studios -
- Lee Greenwood - Grammy Award and multi-platinum entertainer ("G-d Bless the USA", single)
- Several T.V. appearances - on Good Morning America, T.V. Special in support of the 1984 US Olympics (Robin Williams, George Burns, Peter Faulk, Bread, etc.)
- USO Shows
- Performance with Los Angeles pops orchestra
- Big Band opens for B. B. King at the Florida Jazz Festival
- Featured drum set soloist at U.S. Armed Forces School of Music Clinic (Virginia)
- Performance at All Eastern Band and Instrumental Clinic (Chicago)
- Ceremonial Performances - Former Presidents Ford and Reagan, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Albert,
- Entertainment for Clint Eastwood, Sandra Locke, Caesar Romero. Kirk Douglas, Gregory Peck. Bob Hope,
Jacob's Formal Music Education
Jacob was awarded a "performance-based" grant for studies at Philadelphia Musical Academy/ University of the Arts, Philadelphia. Studies at U.S. Naval School of Music - (performance major, small group arranging, & conducting) "It's ... like 'old school' 1.5 years at Berklee College of Music, Boston condensed into 6 months of extreme intense training." Advanced placement allowed Jacob to advance out of a previous required 6 month course of study.
Jacob studied drum set, percussion, as well as piano & composition with well-known teachers such as Jim Chapin - (author: "Advanced Techniques for the Modern Drummer", Moeller Method proponent, 20th century’s most influential drum set educator), Michael Bookspan (Percussionist with Philadelphia Orchestra teacher at both the Philadelphia University of the Arts and the Curtis Institute of Music), Master Classes with Saul Goodman (Timpanist, teacher, composer, author, conductor, timpanist with the New York Philharmonic, the Juilliard School of Music)
Vic Firth Educational Artist Roster
Jacob does freelance work and maintains a teaching schedule with a stream of serious students of all levels, up & coming drummers, & professionals.
Early years, Jacob at local performance.
NewsLetter Join Page
Montreal - Toronto - New York - Online