PRACTICE FOR MASTERY OF PERFORMANCE!
“Listen, I know you’re serious… but, let me ask you something… Are you REALLY serious?! “ ~ Freddie Gruber
Music Lesson/ Coaching Mission
"Professional instruction for serious students and professionals. Offering an approach to developing a consistent-excellence necessary for success within the contemporary music scene."
Over 30 years of international professional performance experience on stage, screen, & television.
"Jacob, you've got GREAT hands!!! ...hands from hell...!" Jim Chapin
Your goals and dreams are YOURS ---:
MY goal is to give you is to teach you the concepts to perform with anyone, at any venue, in any style. Best preparing you with skills to turn your potential into reality! .... what you do with your new skills is up to you!
Also Time oriented drum set coaching for University, CEGEP (College), Cruise Ship, & band performances and auditions.
I teach the Moeller Method, a "time-tested concept" which I learned directly from Jim Chapin (20th century's most influential drum teacher). Every student, young and old, student and pro, male and female, is offered with this same technique as a prerequisite to advanced/ professional instruction.
Ability, self-discipline, and the willingness to "pay the price" - give what it takes (focused practice sessions) are the determinants for success in music.
Drum Set Lessons | Courses Descriptions
Those who apply them self with my instruction can benefit from:
- Learning &/ or mastering all 40 P.A.S. Rudiments (mastering is significantly different than “knowing”)
- Reading - Learn &/ or Improve standard single line rhythmic reading, Sight-Reading, Embellishment Concepts, Drum Set Chart Interpretation
- Limited Orchestral & Rudimental Snare Concepts
- Jazz Studies "Comping" and Concepts of Improvisation Fills & Solos (beyond the clichés)
- Hand Technique:
Basic, George L. Stone (Morello), and
- Coordinated-Independence - Basic, Intermediate -
Advanced Levels -
- Stylistic Analysis Studies - Rock, R&B, Funk, Hip Hop, Latin, Afro/ Cuban, Jazz 2 & 3 way independence (Swing, Bop and Post Bop)
- Ostinato and Polyrhythmic Development
- Groove Development - Develop a “time-center” with & without a click
- Stylistic Analysis Studies -
- Linear Drumming Concepts
- Odd Meters, Groove Construction
Implied Time, Beat-Displacement, Orchestration Concepts
- and more...
In very broad-strokes - Most drummers require further development either one or both of the below concepts in order to move their playing to the next level.
Moeller Method/ Hand Technique Development
- Improve speed, control, endurance, finesse and power. Opening up your playing to more relaxed fluidity of movement at any speed... applicable to ALL styles. It relates to single surface and drum set movement around the drum set.
Coordinated Independence The aim is to free both hands and feet from dependence on one another. Developing the ability, without breaking the rhythmic pulse, to successfully embellish the music in any given style(s).
- You do must have the DESIRE to be the greatest drummer YOU can be!! The musical direction you decide for yourself with your new skills is YOUR choice.
Your goals and dreams are yours!! Regardless of whether you are an aspiring beginner, hobbyist, college or university student, professional, or weekend musician--
Christina A. (former student) Mini photo shoot - on tour in Taipei, Hong Kong, Macau, China at Hard Rock Cafe with Airborne (circa 2012)
Montreal Drum Set Lessons Overview
Coordinated Independence Samples Videos
Montreal Moeller Method Hand Technique Videos
Lesson Policies Q & A
Montreal Drum Set Clinics Music, Drum Set & Percussion
Montreal Professional Studies in Drum Set Conceptual
Skype Drum Set Lessons
Montreal Music Lessons Musicianship Studies (Music Theory & Solfege)
Drum Set Lessons | Courses
Montreal - Toronto - New York - Skype