Educational Mission Statement
Drum Lessons/ Coaching
"Professional instruction for motivated students and professionals. Teaching concepts to perform with anyone, at any venue, in any style you choose. Taking your playing to the next level by opening up your playing style to achieve your dreams and goals. Whether it be continued success within the contemporary music scene or whatever you choose."
YOUR dreams and goals are YOURS---:
MY GOAL is to give you every opportunity and prepare you with the skills to turn your potential into reality! .... what you do with your new skills is up to YOU!
Christina A., drummer (former student). Mini photo shoot - on tour in Taipei, Hong Kong, Macau, China at Hard Rock Cafe with Airborne (All Girl) Montreal Band (circa 2012)
Available - Time-oriented drum set instruction for University, CEGEP (College), Cruise Ship, bands & Drum Corps and auditions and performances.
Also Available- Learn Moeller Method, a "time-tested concept" from someone who learned directly from Jim Chapin (20th century's most influential drum teacher). Every student, young and old, student and current professional, male and female, is offered an opportunity to take their playing to the next level.
Regardless of whether you are an aspiring or currently a beginner, hobbyist, college or university student, professional, or weekend musician--
YES! You've got choices! ... and Together We can make it Happen!
Drum Set Lessons or Courses
Those who apply themselves to instruction can benefit from:
- Mastering all 40 P.A.S. Rudiments (mastering is significantly different than “knowing”)
- Reading - Learn &/ or Improve standard single line rhythmic notation, Sight-Reading, 3 & 4 way Coordinated Independence, Embellishment Concepts, Drum Set Chart Interpretation
- Rudimental Drumming & Limited Orchestral Concepts
- Jazz Studies "Comping" and Concepts of Improvisation Fills & Solos (beyond the clichés)
- Hand Technique:
Basic, George L. Stone (Morello), and
- Coordinated-Independence - Basic, Intermediate -
Advanced Levels -
- Stylistic Analysis Studies - Rock, R&B, Funk, Hip Hop, Latin, Afro/ Cuban, Jazz 2 & 3 way independence (Swing, Bop and Post Bop)
- Ostinato and Polyrhythmic Development
- Groove Development - Develop a “time-center” with & without a click
- Linear Drumming Concepts
- Odd Meters, Groove Construction
Implied Time, Beat-Displacement, Orchestration Concepts
- and more...
- All You need is the DESIRE to be the greatest drummer YOU can be!! The musical direction you decide for yourself with your new skills is YOUR choice.
In very broad-strokes - Most drummers look for improvement either one or both of the below concepts in order to move their playing to the next level.
Moeller Method/ Hand Technique Development
- Improve speed, control, endurance, finesse and power. Opening up your playing to more relaxed fluidity of movement at any speed... applicable to ALL styles. It relates to single surface and drum set movement around the drum set.
Coordinated Independence The aim is to free both hands and feet from dependence on one another. Developing the ability, without breaking the rhythmic pulse, to successfully embellish the music in any given style(s).
Montreal Drum Set Lessons Overview
Coordinated Independence Samples Videos
Montreal Moeller Method Hand Technique Videos
Lesson Policies Q & A
Montreal Drum Set Clinics Music, Drum Set & Percussion
Montreal Professional Studies in Drum Set Conceptual
Skype Drum Set Lessons
Montreal Music Lessons Musicianship Studies (Music Theory & Solfege)
Drum Set Lessons | Courses
Montreal - Toronto - New York - Skype