Professional Drummer with international professional performance experience encompassing stage, screen and television. A versatile performer able to read, perform & teach all styles of music.
Jacob has been teaching professionally for more than 20 years, in Montreal alone - not to mention U.S., and has had 100's students during that time, ranging from beginners to touring professionals. Odds are, if you have frequented the Montreal music scene, you have caught a few of his students "in the act".
Currently, Jacob is teaching in Montreal, Qc. He is also available for work-shops and clinics.
Jacob - born in Wilmington, Delaware - Orthodox Jewish
has taken professional
level studies in drum set, percussion, music theory, piano & arranging with well-known Percussive Arts Society "Hall of Fame" teachers Jim Chapin, Saul Goodman, and Michael Bookspan. Conservatory level studies at University of the Arts, University of Maryland, and a graduate of U.S. Naval School of Music.
Stylistic Experience Includes -
- Big Band Jazz
- Top 40 Cover
- R&B/ Funk
- Rock/ Contemporary Pop
- Latin Afro/ Cuban
- Marching Percussion (Section Leader)
- Concert Band (Principal Percussionist)
- Small group Jazz (leader)
- Staff Arranger (concert band)
- Wilmington School of Music (Instructor)
- Orchestral Percussion
1992 Disney Movie "Spies", starring Cloris Leachman (Jacob & band as musician-extras in costume).
- Johnny Neel (Opens YouTube) Grammy Nominated Keyboardist formerly with Allman Bros. Band, "Finding Nemo", etc Opens in YouTube.
- Boise Lowery - Clifford Brown's first music teacher
- Lee Greenwood (Opens in YouTube) - American country music artist, known for signature song "God Bless the USA". (one time piano sub)
- U.S. Marine Corps Music Field - 13 years Professional Musician: Featured Drummer / Principle Percussionist/ Section Leader/ Arranger
- Hal Schiff (leader of American Youth Jazz Band)
- Sidemen from Woody Herman, Hubert Laws, "Philly" Jo Jones, Gary Burton, Hubert Laws, Buddy Rich bands.
- Yossi & Avi Piamenta Band
- Los Angeles Pops Orchestra - ( conjunct with U.S. Marine Band)
- Delaware Symphony Orchestra - percussionist
- Van Lier Lanning - conductor
- Zemer Orchestra
- Bill Shilling - Blues guitarist turned Jazz keyboard player
- Japan, Europe, Bermuda, Canada, Iceland, United States - a plethora of cities from Florida to Massachusetts to Philadelphia to L.A. and places between on East & West Coasts.
- The Grand Opera House - Wilmington, De.
- Walt Disney Movie "Spies", with David Dukes & Cloris Leachman - Musician Extra
- Tampa Bay Jazz Festival
- U.S. Naval School of Music Clinic
- A good many music venues of the day (talent shows, college parties, concerts, etc.).
- Clifford Brown Jazz Festival
- Jazz Festivals, opening for B.B. King,
- Pasadena T.V. Special in support of 1984 U.S. Olympics with Robin Williams, Bob Hope, George Burns, "Bread", etc on the "bill"
- Non-Command performances for U.S. Presidents, & dignitaries. Former Presidents Ford and Reagan, U K royalty Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Albert
- Private Parties & Exclusive dinners with Clint Eastwood, Sandra Locke, Caesar Romero, Kirk Douglas, Gregory Peck, Bob Hope, etc in attendance
- Good Morning America T.V. show numerous times with U.S. Marine Band