Professional Drummer with international professional performance experience encompassing stage, screen and television. A versatile performer able to read, perform & teach all styles of music.
Jacob - born in Wilmington, Delaware
has taken professional
level studies in drum set, percussion, music theory, piano & arranging with well-known Percussive Arts Society "Hall of Fame" teachers Jim Chapin, Saul Goodman, and Michael Bookspan. Conservatory level studies at University of the Arts, University of Maryland, and a graduate of U.S. Naval School of Music.
Stylistic Experience Includes -
- Big Band Jazz
- Top 40 Cover
- R&B/ Funk
- Rock/ Contemporary Pop
- Latin Afro/ Cuban
- Marching Percussion (Section Leader)
- Concert Band (Principal Percussionist)
- Small group Jazz (leader)
- Staff Arranger (concert band)
- Wilmington School of Music (Instructor)
- Orchestral Percussion
1992 Disney Movie "Spies", starring Cloris Leachman (Jacob & band as musician-extras in costume).
- Johnny Neel (Opens YouTube) Grammy Nominated Keyboardist formerly with Allman Bros. Band, "Finding Nemo", etc Opens in YouTube.
- Boise Lowery - Clifford Brown's first music teacher
- Lee Greenwood (Opens in YouTube) - American country music artist, known for signature song "God Bless the USA". (one time piano sub)
- U.S. Marine Corps Music Field - 13 years Professional Musician: Drummer/ Percussionist/ Arranger
- Hal Schiff (leader of American Youth Jazz Band)
- Sidemen from Woody Herman, Hubert Laws, "Philly" Jo Jones, Gary Burton, Hubert Laws, Buddy Rich bands.
- Yossi & Avi Piamenta Band
- Los Angeles Pops Orchestra - ( conjunct with U.S. Marine Band)
- Delaware Symphony Orchestra - percussionist
- Van Lier Lanning - conductor
- Zemer Orchestra
- Bill Shilling - Blues guitarist turned Jazz keyboard player
- Japan, Europe, Bermuda, Canada, Iceland, United States - a plethora of cities from Florida to Massachusetts to Philadelphia to L.A. and places between on East & West Coasts.
- The Grand Opera House - Wilmington, De.
- Walt Disney Movie "Spies", with David Dukes & Cloris Leachman - Musician Extra
- Tampa Bay Jazz Festival
- U.S. Naval School of Music Clinic
- A good many music venues of the day (talent shows, college parties, concerts, etc.).
- Clifford Brown Jazz Festival
- Jazz Festivals, opening for B.B. King,
- Pasadena T.V. Special in support of 1984 U.S. Olympics with Robin Williams, Bob Hope, George Burns, "Bread", etc on the "bill"
- Non-Command performances for U.S. Presidents, & dignitaries. Former Presidents Ford and Reagan, U K royalty Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Albert
- Private Parties & Exclusive dinners with Clint Eastwood, Sandra Locke, Caesar Romero, Kirk Douglas, Gregory Peck, Bob Hope, etc in attendance
- Good Morning America T.V. show numerous times with U.S. Marine Band