Jacob Kaye has over 35 years international professional performance experience on stage, screen & television in diverse musical styles.
He works with his band, does freelance recording and performing while maintaining a teaching schedule with a steady stream of up & coming drummers & professional musicians.
Jacob has studied drum set, percussion, music theory, piano & arranging with well-known teachers such as Jim Chapin (Moeller Method proponent/ 20th century’s most influential drum set educator), Saul Goodman (Juilliard School), and Michael Bookspan (Philadelphia Orchestra). He attended University of the Arts, University of Maryland, and U.S. Naval School of Music. 10 years performing world-wide in many diverse styles of music with the U.S. Marine Corps music program.
Professional Stylistic Experience
- Big Band Jazz & Contemporary (featured soloist)
- Top 40 Cover (Show-Band)
- R&B Funk
- Latin Afro/ Cuban
- Marching Percussion (Section Leader)
- Concert Band (Principal Percussionist)
- Small group Jazz (leader)
- Staff Arranger
1992 Disney Movie "Spies", starring Cloris Leachman (Jacob & band as musician-extras).
- Japan, Europe, Bermuda, Canada, and United States East & West Coasts.
- Various Music Clinics (video sample)
- National T.V. supporting 1984 Olympics (USMC band)
- NBC Good Morning Show with USMC band (several times)
- L.A. Pops Orchestra (USMC band - combined concert)
- Tampa Jazz Festival (opening for B.B. King)
- Clifford Brown Jazz Festival
- Non-command performances for U.K. Royalty, U.S. Presidents, & various dignitaries.
- Jacob on piano with Lee Greenwood "God Bless the USA" (USMC show-band)
- Musician extra in 1992 Disney Movie "Spies”, starring Cloris Leachman (above photo)
- Awarded audition-based study grant at University of the Arts (Philadelphia)
- Percussionist for 2 seasons with Delaware Symphony Orchestra (Delaware)
- Canadian International Military Tattoo (Halifax, Nova Scotia)
- Staff instructor Wilmington School of Music (Delaware)
- Night Club Work
- Johnny Neel (Formerly with the Allman Brothers Band)
- Graduate of U.S. Naval School of Music (it's... like "old school" 1.5 years at Berklee College of Music, Boston condensed into 6 months of extremely intensive training) Advanced placement allowed Jacob to forgo the previous 6 month course.
Montreal - Toronto - Skype