Jacob Kaye American-Canadian Jazz & Contemporary Montreal musician/ drummer with over 30 years professional international experience on stage, screen, & television, including a 13 year contractual agreement as a musician, arranger & featured drum set soloist in the U.S. Marine Corps.
- Jacob maintains a teaching schedule (Montreal & sometime Skype) with a steady stream motivated students and “up and coming” drummers. He has also been fortunate to have taught students accepted into Vanier College & McGill University, as well as drummers currently performing and teaching professionally in Montreal, New York City, etc.
Jacob studied drum set & percussion with the Percussive Arts Society's "Hall of Fame Educators": Jim Chapin renown author of "Advanced Techniques for the Modern Drummer" and Moeller Method proponent. Jacob was also awarded a grant for studies as a Performance Major based on his audition at University of the Arts (Philadelphia), where he studied with Michael Bookspan of the Philadelphia Orchestra & attended Master classes with Saul Goodman of the New York Philharmonic at Curtis Institute of Music. Jacob is also a graduate of U.S. Naval School of Music (external link) a Drum Set Major with focus on percussion and small group arranging (it' s... like "old school" 1.5 years at Berklee College of Music, Boston condensed into 6 months of extremely intensive training.) Advanced placement allowed Jacob to advance out of a previous required 6 month course of study.
1992 Disney Movie "Spies", starring Cloris Leachman (Jacob & band as musician-extras in Navy costume).
Stylistic Experience Synopsis
- Big Band Jazz & Contemporary Styles (featured soloist)
- Top 40 Covers/ Show-Band
- R&B/ Funk
- Latin, Afro/ Cuban
- Marching Percussion (Section Leader)
- Concert Band (Principal Percussionist)
- Small group Jazz (leader)
- Staff Arranger for 30 piece concert band and Show Band
Sampling performances include:
- 1992 Disney Movie "Spies", starring Cloris Leachman (Jacob & band as musician-extras above photo).
- tours include 3 continents, 6 countries - Canada, Japan, Europe, Bermuda, Iceland - and countless cities across the United States East & West Coasts.
- Various Performances and Music Clinic video sample (internal link performance videos)
- National T. V. supporting 1984 Olympics
- NBC Good Morning Show (several times)
- L.A. Pops Orchestra (USMC band - combined concert)
- Tampa Jazz Festival (Big Band opening for B.B. King)
- Non-command performances for former U.S. Presidents Ford and Reagan, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Albert & various dignitaries.
- Several performances with Lee Greenwood "God Bless the USA" fame (YouTube link) also pianist substitute.
- While in Hollywood and L.A. - Private engagements and benefit performances with Clint Eastwood, Sandra Locke, Caesar Romero, Kirk Douglas, George Burns, Robin Williams, Gregory Peck, Bob Hope and many more attending
1972 - As a teen Jacob's professional music career began performing at a DuPont family wedding with Hal Schiff (notable tenor player and leader of American Youth Jazz Band) and “society gigs” among others. His Jazz career continued with Boise Lowery (Clifford Brown's first music teacher) and continued with performances at the first DuPont's Clifford Brown Jazz Festival (with sidemen from Woody Herman, Hubert Laws, “Philly” Jo Jones, Gary Burton, Hubert Laws, Buddy Rich bands).
Early years, Jacob with a local club Rock Band performance.
Media Samples Videos
Montreal Band Gigs & Clinics
Connect - Jacob's External Links
NewsLetter Join Page
YouTube Montreal Music - Drum Lessons
Facebook Professional Drummer
Vic Firth Artist Roster
Montreal - Toronto - New York - Skype