Jacob Kaye (business name) Musician: Jazz & Contemporary Drummer- Private Teacher. Over 30 years combined teaching and international professional performance experience. Including stage, screen and television in 3 continents, 6 countries, and countless cities. Born Wilmington, Delaware.
An the age of 11 he was playing in Jr. & High School bands and bands after school hours. His professional career started at 16 yrs. old. Performances: include a DuPont family wedding, with Hal Schiff (leader, American Youth Jazz Band), Boysie Lowery's group (Clifford Brown's first music teacher). Jacob was also part of the original DuPont Clifford Brown Jazz Festival (with sidemen from Woody Herman, Hubert Laws, “Philly” Jo Jones, Gary Burton, Buddy Rich bands). A 1993 Disney Movie "Spies", starring Cloris Leachman (below photo), performances with Lee Greenwood Grammy Winner, country artist "God Bless the U.S.A.", Club Work, with
Johnny Neel before ( the Allman Brothers Band & vocals on Walt Disney Records CD releases Finding Nemo, Cars, and Ratatouille) .
Music Clinics ♦ National T V supporting 1984 Olympics
♦ NBC Good Morning Show (several times)
♦ L.A. Pops Orchestra (USMC band - combined concert)
♦ Tampa Jazz Festival (Big Band opening for B.B. King)
♦ Non-command performances for former U.S. Presidents Ford and Reagan, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Albert & various dignitaries. ♦ Professional engagements and benefit performances with Clint Eastwood, Sandra Locke, Caesar Romero, Kirk Douglas, George Burns, Robin Williams, Gregory Peck, Bob Hope and many more in attendance.
- Jacob studied drum set, percussion, as well as piano & composition with well-known teachers such as Jim Chapin - (author: "Advanced Techniques for the Modern Drummer", Moeller Method proponent, 20th century’s most influential drum set educator), Michael Bookspan (Percussionist with Philadelphia Orchestra
teacher at both the
Philadelphia University of the Arts and the Curtis Institute of Music), Master Classes with Saul Goodman (Timpanist, teacher, composer, author, conductor, timpanist with the New York Philharmonic , the Juilliard School of Music)
- Awarded a performance-based grant for studies at University of the Arts, Philadelphia. Studies at U.S. Naval School of Music - (performance major, small group arranging, & conducting) "It's ... like 'old school' 1.5 years at Berklee College of Music, Boston condensed into 6 months of extreme intense training." Advanced placement allowed Jacob to advance out of a previous required 6 month course of study.
Stylistic Experience Synopsis
- Big Band Jazz & Contemporary Styles (featured soloist)
- Small group Jazz (drummer, leader)
- Top 40 Covers/ Show-Band
- Marching Percussion (Section Leader)
- R&B/ Funk styles
- Latin, Afro/ Cuban styles
- Concert Band (Principal Percussionist)
- Staff Arranger for 30 piece concert band and Show Band
1992 Disney Movie "Spies", starring Cloris Leachman (Jacob & band as musician-extras in Navy costume).
- Jacob maintains a teaching schedule for serious students and professionals. He has been fortunate to assist students toward acceptance into Music College. In addition to current professionals who perform &/ or teach in Montreal and around the world. All levels welcome: beginner, hobbyist, college or university student, professional, or weekend musician-- All levels & Styles Welcome.
Early years, Jacob at local performance.
Media Samples Videos
Montreal Band Gigs & Clinics
Connect - Jacob's External Links
NewsLetter Join Page
YouTube Montreal Music - Drum Lessons
Facebook Professional Drummer
Vic Firth Artist Roster
Montreal - Toronto - New York - Skype