Jacob Kaye (stage/ business name) musician: drummer, private teacher with the knowledge and ability of over 30 years of combined teaching and international professional performance experience. Including the proverbial: stage (internationally), screen (one movie) and television (several appearance). Jewish American born Wilmington, Delaware.
An early Jazz career with at 16 yrs. old performances with Hal Schiff (leader, American Youth Jazz Orchestra). Boise Lowery's group (Clifford Brown's first music teacher). Jacob was also part of the original DuPont's Clifford Brown Jazz Festival (with sidemen from Woody Herman, Hubert Laws, “Philly” Jo Jones, Gary Burton, Buddy Rich bands). 1992 Disney Movie "Spies", starring Cloris Leachman (below photo), Performances on 3 continents, 6 countries - Canada, Japan, Europe, Bermuda, Iceland - and cities across the United States.
- Jacob maintains a teaching schedule for serious students and professionals. He has been fortunate to assist students toward acceptance into Vanier College & McGill University. In addition to current professionals of whom perform &/ or teach in Montreal and around the world. All levels welcome: beginner, hobbyist, college or university student, professional, or weekend musician-- All levels & Styles Welcome.
Stylistic Experience Synopsis
- Big Band Jazz & Contemporary Styles (featured soloist)
- Small group Jazz (drummer, leader)
- Top 40 Covers/ Show-Band
- Marching Percussion (Section Leader)
- R&B/ Funk styles
- Latin, Afro/ Cuban styles
- Concert Band (Principal Percussionist)
- Staff Arranger for 30 piece concert band and Show Band
1992 Disney Movie "Spies", starring Cloris Leachman (Jacob & band as musician-extras in Navy costume).
- Jacob studied drum set, percussion, as well as piano & composition with
well-known teachers such as Jim Chapin, Michael Bookspan, Saul Goodman and others.
- Awarded a performance-based grant for studies at University of the Arts, Philadelphia. Studies at U.S. Naval School of Music - (performance major, small group arranging, & conducting) "It's ... like 'old school' 1.5 years at Berklee College of Music, Boston condensed into 6 months of extreme intense training." Advanced placement allowed Jacob to advance out of a previous required 6 month course of study.
Early years, Jacob with at local performance.
Performances to include but not limited to:
- Music Clinics, National T. V. supporting 1984 Olympics, NBC Good Morning Show (several times), L.A. Pops Orchestra (USMC band - combined concert), Tampa Jazz Festival (Big Band opening for B.B. King), Non-command performances for former U.S. Presidents Ford and Reagan, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Albert & various dignitaries. Performances with Lee Greenwood "God Bless the USA" fame also as pianist substitute, - Private engagements and benefit performances with Clint Eastwood, Sandra Locke, Caesar Romero, Kirk Douglas, George Burns, Robin Williams, Gregory Peck, Bob Hope and many more in attendance.
Media Samples Videos
Montreal Band Gigs & Clinics
Connect - Jacob's External Links
NewsLetter Join Page
YouTube Montreal Music - Drum Lessons
Facebook Professional Drummer
Vic Firth Artist Roster
Montreal - Toronto - New York - Skype