Jacob Kaye has over 35 years international professional performance experience on stage, screen & television in diverse musical styles.
He works with his band, does freelance recording and performing while maintaining a teaching schedule with a steady stream of up & coming drummers & professional musicians.
Jacob has studied drum set, percussion, music theory, piano & arranging with well-known teachers such as Jim Chapin (Moeller Method proponent/ 20th century’s most influential drum set educator), Saul Goodman (Juilliard School), and Michael Bookspan (Philadelphia Orchestra). He attended University of the Arts, University of Maryland, and U.S. Naval School of Music. 10 years performing world-wide in many diverse styles of music with the U.S. Marine Corps music program.
Professional Stylistic Experience
- Big Band Jazz & Contemporary (featured soloist)
- Top 40 Cover (Show-Band)
- R&B Funk
- Latin Afro/ Cuban
- Marching Percussion (Section Leader)
- Concert Band (Principal Percussionist)
- Small group Jazz (leader)
- Staff Arranger
1992 Disney Movie "Spies", starring Cloris Leachman (Jacob & band as musician-extras).
Professional Experience (during U.S. Marine Corps)
- Japan, Europe, Bermuda, Canada, and United States East & West Coasts.
- Various Music Performances and Music Clinics (video sample)
- National T.V. supporting 1984 Olympics (USMC band)
- NBC Good Morning Show with USMC band (several times)
- L.A. Pops Orchestra (USMC band - combined concert)
- Graduate of U.S. Naval School of Music (it's... like "old school" 1.5 years at Berklee College of Music, Boston condensed into 6 months of extremely intensive training) Advanced placement allowed Jacob to forgo the previous 6 month course.
- Tampa Jazz Festival (opening for B.B. King)
- Non-command performances for U.K. Royalty, U.S. Presidents, & various dignitaries.
- Canadian & Netherlands International Military Tattoo (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Rotterdam)
- Jacob (piano) with Lee Greenwood "God Bless the USA" (USMC show-band)
- Musician extra in 1992 Disney Movie "Spies”, starring Cloris Leachman (photo above)
Before U.S. Marine Corps
- Awarded audition-based study grant at University of the Arts (Philadelphia)
- Percussionist for 2 seasons with Delaware Symphony Orchestra (Delaware)
- Clifford Brown Jazz Festival - with alumnae from Woody Herman, Hubert Laws, "Philly" Jo Jones, Grover Washington, Jr., Gary Burton, Hubert Laws, Herbie Hancock, & Buddy Rich bands. Leader Sean Koontz
- Staff instructor Wilmington School of Music under Steven Gunzenhauser (Delaware)
- Night Club work with Turning Point & Johnny Neel (Formerly with the Allman Brothers Band)
- DuPont family wedding reception at 16 yrs. old with Hal Schiff (notable tenor player & leader of American Youth Jazz Orchestra)
- Jr. & Sr. High School ensembles (Concert, Marching, & Jazz Bands)
- Performed with Wilmington local groups: Boise Lowery - Clifford Brown's first music teacher, Scott Street Blues Band with Bill Shilling, Peacock Bros. quartet. (Wedding receptions, coffee houses, High School & University dances)
Jacob's External Links
Facebook Youtube Vic Firth Twitter